OIAAA Minutes—Executive Committee Meeting
State Conference Planning Committee:
Called to Order:
· The meeting was called to order by President Tim Erickson at 10:30 am.
Attendance: X – in attendance
Executive Director: Bruce Brown (NE) x District Rep. (C) Alyssa Downey x
Past President: Matt Shomper (SW) x District Rep. (E) Ray Hibbs x
President: Tim Erickson (NW) x District Rep. (NE) Rob Eckenrode x
President Elect: Paul Powers (NE) x District Rep. (NW) Joe Roberts x
Secretary: Bo Hanson (C) District Rep. (SW) Phil Poggi
Treasurer: Randy King (C) x District Rep. (SE) Rick Guimond x
LTI/Newsletter Chair: Glen Gillespie (NW) x
Awards Chair: Bill Schumacher (NE)
Exhibit Chair: Phil Poggi (SW)
Website Chair: Erich Fromback (NE) x
NIAAA Cert. Chair: Paul Moses x
Program Chair: Tom Farbizo (E)
OHSAA: Dr. Ross OHSAA: Jerry Snodgrass OASSA: Ken Baker
I. Action Items
A. Additions to the Agenda:
B. Approval of Agenda:
· A motion was made by Matt and seconded by Rob to approve the agenda. The motion was carried.
C. Approval of Minutes:
· A motion was made by Rob and seconded by Matt to approve the minutes from the
Executive Committee meeting on March 15, 2015. The motion was carried.
D. Approval of Financial Report:
· A motion was made by Matt to approve the financial report as of 5/17/15. The balance for checking, $3,706.82, savings, 88,931.98. The motion was carried.
II. Information Items
A. Membership Report:
· Matt gave an update on the membership drive. We are close to reaching 500 memberships for the year. Additionally, Matt talked about the “All In “ Membership Initiative.
B. OASSA Report:
· No report
C. OHSAA Report:
· Bruce Brown led a discussion about updates from the OHSAA May Board of Directors Meeting. He also shared that the OHSAA and the OIAAA are interested in starting an AD Advisory Group in the near future.
D. NIAAA Report:
· Matt finalized the details for the upcoming NIAAA Section 2 Meeting in Louisville Ky.
E. Conference Report:
· Paul gave an updated report on the 2015 OIAAA State Conference.
F. Website Report:
Erich gave an update on the website. The AD Toolbox link is up and running now.
G. Awards Report:
· No report. More Information will be coming regarding the 2015 winners.
H. Leadership Training Report:
· Glen gave updates on the Outreach program in the Southwest and the Summer Institute. Bruce also discussed updates on the New Ad Workshop and the Professional Development Ad Hoc Committee.
I. Certification Report:
· Paul Moses will be retiring. We will need to select a new Certification Chair. NIAAA Certification Chair meeting will be held on September 12-14, 2015 in Indiana at the NIAAA offices.
J. Newsletter Report:
· Glen gave an update on the May OIAAA Newsletter.
K. Executive Directors Report:
· Bruce provided an update the on the following items:
· Fitzpatrick Media Group
· Final Forms
· Ohio University Master’s Program
· Varsity Athletic (Awards)
§ Contract Extensions
· Home Team Marketing
· Side Effects
§ POP Manual
III. New Business
· Evaluation of Treasurer and Executive Director
§ All positive remarks regarding these two positions
· A motion was made by Paul and seconded by Tim that the annual salary of the Executive Director and the Treasurer for the next three years should be $6,000.00. Motion passed.
IV. Discussion Items:
A. District Reports:
1. Central—Alyssa Downey – No report
2. Northwest—Joe Roberts- Spring Workshop went well
3. Northeast–Rob Eckenrode – 120 Ad’s attended Spring Conference
4. East–Ray Hibbs- Working on 2015 State Conference
5. Southwest—Phil Poggi- no report
6. Southeast—Rick Guimond –no Report
A. Next Meeting:
· Sunday, August 16, 2015 at the OHSAA offices. Conference Planning Committee meeting will start at 9:00 AM with the Executive Committee meeting to start at 10:30 AM.
B. Move to Adjourn:
· A motion was made by Paul and seconded by Tim to adjourn the meeting. The motion carried. The meeting adjourned at 12:30 PM.
C. Upcoming Dates of Note:
Future Meeting Dates and times:
NIAAA Section 2 Meeting Dates:
June 18-21, 2015 Host State: Kentucky
June 16-18, 2016 Host State: Maryland
June 15-17, 2017 Host State: Ohio
June 15-17, 2018 Host State: Pennsylvania
June 13-15, 2019 Host State: Virgina
June TBD, 2020 Host State: West Virginia
Future OIAAA Conference Dates:
November 15-17, 2015 (E)
November 13-15, 2016 (SE)
November 12-14, 2017 (C)
Future NIAAA Conference Dates:
December 11-15, 2015 Orlando, Florida
December 9-15, 2016 Nashville, Tennessee