OIAAA Executive Committee March 2015 Meeting Minutes
Minutes—Executive Committee Meeting
State Conference Planning Committee:
Called to Order:
- The meeting was called to order by President Tim Erickson at 9:04 am.
Attendance: X – in attendance
Executive Director: Bruce Brown (NE) x District Rep. (C) Alyssa Downey
Past President: Matt Shomper (SW) x District Rep. (E) Ray Hibbs
President: Tim Erickson (NW) x District Rep. (NE) Rob Eckenrode x
President Elect: Paul Powers (NE) x District Rep. (NW) Joe Roberts
Secretary: Bo Hanson (C) x District Rep. (SW) Tim Cook
Treasurer: Randy King (C) x District Rep. (SE) Rick Guimond x
LTI/Newsletter Chair: Glen Gillespie (NW)
Awards Chair: Bill Schumacher (NE)
Exhibit Chair: Phil Poggi (SW)
Website Chair: Erich Fromback (NE)
NIAAA Cert. Chair: Paul Moses
Program Chair: Tom Farbizo (E)
OHSAA: Dr. Ross OHSAA: Jerry Snodgrass OASSA: Ken Baker x
- Action Items
- Additions to the Agenda:
- Approval of Agenda:
- A motion was made by Matt and seconded by Rob to approve the agenda. The motion was carried.
- Approval of Minutes:
- A motion was made by Rob and seconded by Matt to approve the minutes from the
Executive Committee meeting. The motion was carried.
- Approval of Financial Report:
- A motion was made by Rob seconded by Paul P. to approve the financial report as of 3/15//15. The balance for checking $3167.10, savings $93,222.11. The motion was carried.
- Information Items
- Membership Report:
Membership drive info will be sent in April with a push for national membership to increase.
Discussed discounting dual memberships, and the All in Program.
- OASSA Report:
- Ken Baker reported on the School Secretary Conference dates, 4/13-4/14. KB also discussed days to hours, home schooling, extra curricular participation and had a report to hand out.
- OHSAA Report:
Bruce Brown led discussion about Lacrosse still being on the table. BB also discussed the New AD workshop in conjunction with the New Administrators workshop at the Double Tree.
- NIAAA Report:
- Matt motioned and Paul P seconded a $500 hole sponsorship for the NIAAA golf outing. Motion carried.
- Conference Report:
- Paul reported on the conference format. Saturday will remain the same. Sunday 8-12 & 1-4 LTI’s. 11:00 vendors and 3-7 conference registration. Discussion was had about the speaker, breakouts and the social format.
- Website Report:
Bruce reported about the best practices AD toolbox on our website and if we had any input to send it so it could be placed in the toolbox for all to read.
- Awards Report:
- Awards are due at the May meeting. Discussed the possible expansion of current scholarships and either changing the value, awarding more or both. Item was tabled.
- Leadership Training Report:
- Profession Development Ad Hoc Committee will meet in may in Lexington and review last years information and will report back.
- Certification Report:
- No Report.
- Newsletter Report:
- Bruce reported that the AD Toolbox is almost ready to roll out.
- Executive Directors Report:
Bruce led discussion and reviewed where we stood with Applaud, Wenger Bear Boss and Final Forms. He was going to discuss further with each of those potential sponsors. Bruce discussed the Strategic Planning committee and their need to ID members. Bring these suggestions to the May meeting and where to host it. Evaluation of Treasurer and ED were tabled due to missing members. Bruce discussed the Award of Excellence and the 4 schools that achieved it. Section 2 attendees need to commit by the May meeting. 6/17-6/19. Bruce also discussed the procedures of the New AD’s workshop. The cost and a possible reduced conference rate for attendees. The Cincinnati SD and the Toledo SD both met the All In requirements.
III. New Business
Paul P motioned and seconded by Matt to donate $250 to the Vermont association in Kevin Reill’s name. Motion carried.
- Discussion Items:
- District Reports:
- Central—Alyssa Downey – spring meeting is on 4/22 at Huntington Park
- Northwest—Joe Roberts- spring workshop will be on 4/29.
- Northeast–Rob Eckenrode – award ceremony will be on 4/27&27
- East–Ray Hibbs- April 8th spring workshop.
- Southwest—Tim Cook- spring golf outing on 5/18 & awards ceremony.
- Southeast—Rick Guimond-No Report
- Next Meeting:
- Sunday, May 17, 2015 at the OHSAA offices. Conference planning Committee meeting will start at 9:00 AM with the Executive Committee meeting to start at 10:00 AM.
- Move to Adjourn:
- A motion was made by Matt and seconded by Rob to adjourn the meeting. The motion carried. The meeting adjourned at 11:15 AM.
- Upcoming Dates of Note:
Future Meeting Dates and times:
-Conference planning meetings to begin at 9:00 AM and Executive meetings at 10:00 AM.
- Sunday May 17th Sunday August 17th
- Sunday October 19th Sunday Nov. 16th Sunday January 25, 2015
- Sunday March 15th Sunday May 17th.
NIAAA Section 2 Meeting Dates: June 18-21, 2015 Host State: Kentucky
June 16-18, 2016 Host State: Maryland June 15-17, 2017 Host State: Ohio
June 15-17, 2018 Host State: Pennsylvania June 13-15,2019 Host State: Virgina
June TBD, 2020 Host State: West Virginia
Future OIAAA Conference Dates: November 15-17, 2015 (E)
November 13-15, 2016 (SE) November 12-14, 2017 (C)
Future NIAAA Conference Dates:
December 11-15, 2015 Orlando, Florida
December 9-15, 2016 Nashville, Tennessee