Minutes—Executive Committee Meeting
State Conference Planning Committee:
Called to Order:
• The meeting was called to order by President Tim Erickson at 10:01 am.
Attendance: X – in attendance
Executive Director: Bruce Brown (NE) x District Rep. (C) Steve Conley x
Past President: Matt Shomper (SW) x District Rep. (E) Ray Hibbs x
President: Tim Erickson (NW) x District Rep. (NE) Rob Eckenrode
President Elect: Paul Powers (NE) x District Rep. (NW) Susie Felver x
Secretary: Bo Hanson (C) x District Rep. (SW) Phil Poggi x
Treasurer: Randy King (C) x District Rep. (SE) Bo Arnett x
LTI/Newsletter Chair: Glen Gillespie (NW) x
Awards Chair: Bill Schumacher (NE) x
Exhibit Chair: Phil Poggi (SW) x
Website Chair: Erich Fromback (NE) x
NIAAA Cert. Chair: Paul Moses
Program Chair: Tom Farbizo (E)
OHSAA: Dr. Ross OHSAA: Jerry Snodgrass OASSA: Ken Baker
I. Action Items
A. Additions to the Agenda:
B. Approval of Agenda:
• A motion was made by Steve C. and seconded by Susie F. to approve the agenda. The motion was carried.
C. Approval of Minutes:
• A motion was made by Paul P. and seconded by Bo A. to approve the minutes from the
Executive Committee meeting. The motion was carried.
D. Approval of Financial Report:
• A motion was made by Matt S. seconded by Paul P. to approve the financial report as of 2/. The balance as of was checking $4229.45, savings $58,007.39. The motion was carried.
II. Information Items
A. Membership Report:
• Randy King passed out and updated list of current members and a goal of 390 members for our next campaign has been set.
B. OASSA Report:
• Bruce Brown led discussion about joining the OASSA if you have an administrative license and that the OIAAA/OASSA would be promoting each other.
C. OHSAA Report:
• Bruce Brown led discussion from the BOD meeting that he attended, listed protocol for recommending coaches, the price of renting the Coliseum and the Safe Sports Zone conference in Newark on 6/11/14.
D. NIAAA Report:
• Bruce had nothing new except the new membership drive.
E. Conference Report:
• Paul Powers led discussion about the conference meeting. Major point being the new program for HOF members and how long if any they will get to speak during the luncheon. Bruce will send out a letter to recipients with the parameters listed. Registration will be pushed out in August and listed on our website.
F. Website Report:
• Erich Frombach listed pages on the site and which had the most “hits.” He also discussed ways to drive more traffic to our site by listing the districts sites and info on our site.
G. Awards Report:
• Bill Schumacher stated that all awards were in and on time.
H. Leadership Training Report:
• Glenn Gillespie/Matt Shomper discussed classes for the summer institute and that at least 5 people would be necessary in order to have the class with the exceptions of 501, 502, 504, 506 and the CAA exam. There will be a new email blast this week.
I. Certification Report:
• There was discussion by the group about possibly having an incentive to become an RAA, CAA or CMAA.
J. Newsletter Report:
• Glenn stated that the due date for submission was 5/13 and that the newsletter would be distributed by the end of the week.
K. Executive Directors Report:
• Motion by Matt seconded by Paul to send Bruce to the NEDC summer conference, motion carried. Motion by Matt seconded by Steve to keep K & K insurance, motion carried. Bruce led discussion about a possible summer strategy retreat in Cincinnati the weekend of 7/25. Kent Smith was nominated for the OHSAA/SEI committee if he accepts. Section 2 attendees were identified for the 6/16-6/20 dates in Delaware. We discussed possible meeting dates and if all need to be in attendance or just executive officers.
III. New Business
Bruce discussed Past Presidents/Legacy Club functions and how we keep in contact with our retirees and how to increase contact with those who have already retired.
IV. Discussion Items:
A. District Reports:
1. Central—Steve Conley – Steve is retiring and will be replaced by Alyssa Downey
2. Northwest—Susie Felver- NW had their roundtable in April with over 75 attendees.
Susie will be replaced by Joe Roberts as the new NW rep but will stay on with the conference committee.
3. Northeast–Rob Eckenrode The NE had their spring conference on 4/28 with 125
4. East–Ray Hibbs-East had their spring conference and golf outing on 4/24-4/25
5. Southwest—Phil Poggi-The SW will be having their spring golf outing on 5/19
6. Southeast—Bo Arnett-The SE had their golf outing in April.
A. Next Meeting:
• Sunday, August 17, 2014 at the OHSAA offices. Conference planning Committee meeting will start at 9:00 AM with the Executive Committee meeting to start at 10:00 AM.
B. Move to Adjourn:
• A motion was made by Phil P. and seconded by Susie F. to adjourn the meeting. The motion carried. The meeting adjourned at 12:57 PM.
C. Upcoming Dates of Note:
Future Meeting Dates and times:
-Conference planning meetings to begin at 9:00 AM and Executive meetings at 10:00 AM.
– Sunday March 16th Sunday May 18th Sunday August 17th
-Sunday October 19th Sunday Nov. 16th Sunday January 25, 2015
-Sunday March 15th Sunday May 17th.
NIAAA Section 2 Meeting Dates:
June 19-22, 2014 Host State: Delaware June 18-21, 2015 Host State: Kentucky
June 16-18, 2016 Host State: Maryland June 15-17, 2017 Host State: Ohio
June 15-17, 2018 Host State: Pennsylvania June 13-15,2019 Host State: Virgina
June TBD, 2020 Host State: West Virginia
Future OIAAA Conference Dates:
November 16-18, 2014 (NW) Hilton Easton November 15-17, 2015 (E)
November 13-15, 2016 (SE) November 12-14, 2017 (C)
Future NIAAA Conference Dates:
December 12-16, 2014 National Harbor, Maryland
December 11-15, 2015 Orlando, Florida
December 9-15, 2016 Nashville, Tennessee