Minutes—Executive Committee Meeting
State Conference Planning Committee:
· The Planning committee led by Bruce Brown and Northwest District State Conference committee, Susie Felver Chair met from 9:00 am to 10:00 am to discuss items for the 2014 OIAAA state conference.
Called to Order:
· The meeting was called to order by President Tim Erickson at 10:20 am.
Attendance: X – in attendance
Executive Director: x Bruce Brown (NE) District Rep. (C) x Steve Conley
Past President/Program Chair: x Matt Shomper (SW) District Rep. (E) x Ray Hibbs
President: x Tim Erickson (NW) District Rep. (NE) x Rob Eckenrode
President Elect: Paul Powers (NE) District Rep. (NW) x Susie Felver
Secretary: x Bo Hanson (C) District Rep. (SW) x Tim Cook
Treasurer: x Randy King (C) District Rep. (SE) Bo Arnett
LTI/Newsletter Chair: x Glen Gillespie (NW)
Awards Chair: Bill Schumacher (NE)
Exhibit Chair: x Phil Poggi (SW)
Website Chair: Erich Fromback (NE)
NIAAA Cert. Chair: x Paul Moses
Program Chair: Tom Farbizo (E)
OHSAA: Dr. Ross OHSAA: Jerry Snodgrass OASSA: Ken Baker
I. Action Items
A. Additions to the Agenda:
B. Approval of Agenda:
· A motion was made by Susie Felver and seconded by Matt Shomper to approve the agenda. The motion was carried.
C. Approval of Minutes:
· A motion was made by Matt Shomper and seconded by Steve Conley to approve the minutes from the 10/20/13 & 11/16/13 Executive Committee meeting. The motion was carried.
D. Approval of Financial Report:
· A motion was made by Matt Shomper and seconded by Steve Conley to approve the financial report as of 2/9/14. The balance as of 2/9/14 was checking $13,759.77, savings $54,697.09. The motion was carried.
II. Information Items
A. Membership Report:
· Randy King gave and update on membership numbers. As of 2/9/14 we had 420 members.
B. OASSA Report:
· Bruce Brown reported on several House Bills ( 237, 296 & 229) and on the “Days to Hours” for next school year.
C. OHSAA Report:
· Tim Cook reported on the results from the “random” survey about competitive balance, there was also discussion about the progress of Lacrosse becoming an OHSAA sponsored sport and possibly a mercy rule for football. Bruce Brown discussed the OHSAA banner from the conference was missing and needed to be replaced.
D. NIAAA Report:
· Tim Erickson took a preliminary count on delegates to DE in June for section 2.
E. Conference Report:
· Tim Erickson gave us a preliminary report from the conference committee’s first meeting (NW)
F. Website Report:
· Bruce Brown discussed linking the different districts to the OIAAA website for more local awareness. Steve Conley mentioned that the scholarship application was not on the site.
G. Awards Report:
· Discussion by many on the new formula for awards by district for 2014. Breakdown was as Shomper and seconded by Tim Cook. The motion carried.
H. Leadership Training Report:
· Matt Shomper led a discussion about the Summer Institute his school is hosting June 16 & 17 and he was looking for LTI instructors if possible.
· Glenn Gillespie led a discussion on LTI classes at the conference, and other professional development opportunities.
I. Certification Report:
· Paul Moses reported that Ohio had 8 new CAA’s and led discussion on the new requirements ot become a CMAA.
J. Newsletter Report:
· Glen Gillespie reported that the Newsletter was ready for release as soon as all districts had reported their updates.
K. Executive Directors Report:
· Bruce Brown led discussion with the following items of interest:
· Business partnerships, with Rocketwear and Musco Lighting.
III. New Business:
A. Tech/Software partnership:
· Bruce Brown led discussion about creating an Ad Hoc committee and trying to get the OHSAA involved with this committee.
IV. Discussion Items:
A. District Reports:
1. Central—Steve Conley
-Reports that spring workshop will be on April 9th at Huntington Park.
2. Northwest—Susie Felver
-Reports a round table in April at their spring workshop.
3. Northeast–Rob Eckenrode
-Reports the Spring workshop will be on April 28th.
4. East–Ray Hibbs
-Reports the spring workshop will be on April 24/25 at Atwood Lodge.
5. Southwest—Tim Cook
-Reports the spring workshop will be on May 19th.
6. Southeast—Bo Arnett
– No Report
A. Next Meeting:
· Sunday, March 16, 2014 at the OHSAA offices. Conference planning Committee meeting will start at 9:00 AM with the Executive Committee meeting to start at 10:00 AM.
B. Move to Adjourn:
· A motion was made by Susie Felver and seconded by Steve Conley to adjourn the meeting. The motion carried. The meeting adjourned at 12:25 PM.
C. Upcoming Dates of Note:
Future Meeting Dates and times:
-Conference planning meetings to begin at 9:00 AM and Executive meetings at 10:00 AM.
– Sunday March 16th Sunday May 18th Sunday August 17th
-Sunday October 19th Sunday Nov. 16th Sunday January 25, 2015
-Sunday March 15th Sunday May 17th.
June 19-22, 2014 Host State: Delaware June 18-21, 2015 Host State: Kentucky
June 16-18, 2016 Host State: Maryland June 15-17, 2017 Host State: Ohio
June 15-17, 2018 Host State: Pennsylvania June 13-15,2019 Host State: Virgina
June TBD, 2020 Host State: West Virginia
Future OIAAA Conference Dates:
November 16-18, 2014 (NW) Hilton Easton November 15-17, 2015 (E)
November 13-15, 2016 (SE) November 12-14, 2017 (C)
Future NIAAA Conference Dates:
December 12-16, 2014 National Harbor, Maryland
December 11-15, 2015 Orlando, Florida
December 9-15, 2016 Nashville, Tennessee