ACT NOW – starting Jan. 1, 2014

ALL Pupil Activity Permit (PAP) applications must be submitted, reviewed and approved online.

You need to ensure that applicants have SAFE accounts

How do our coaches set up SAFE accounts?

Remind those who will apply for educator licensure or pupil activity permits that they also will need SAFE accounts. When setting up an account, the system will ask for date of birth and the last four numbers of the person’s Social Security number. It also will ask for an Ohio driver’s license or state of Ohio identification number (available from the Bureau of Motor Vehicles). Those who do not have one of these forms of identification should allow a bit more time. They will find instructions within the SAFE account creation menu about how to submit another form of identification.


Once the department validates the SAFE account, the user should log in to verify that his or her email address is entered correctly. They may do this by clicking on the “change email” link.

I have paper applications to submit. Will the department accept them?

Any paper applications must be received by Dec. 31 to be processed. Thereafter, applicants and authorized reviewers must complete the process online.

For more information:

Visit and search: educator licenses or click here. Or, contact the Office of Educator Licensure at: (877) 644-6338 or (614) 466-3593.

Recommended Posts